The Department's computing facilities currently house the following resources:
- A Dell PowerEdge 2850 server with four dual-core 3.1 GHz processors, 12GB of error correcting RAM, and more than 200 GB of disk space. Most student classwork is run on this system.
- A Dell PowerEdge 2600 server with four 2.8 GHz processors and 6GB of error correcting RAM, and more than 300 GB of disk space. Most faculty research is run on this system.
- A virualization server with four dual-core 1.8 GHz processors and 48 GB of error correcting RAM, and 650 GB of disk space.
- A research high performance "grid computer" composed of 8 Precision 360 workstations each with a 2.8 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM.
- Three teaching labs with PCs configured with a departmental software build (40, 42, 28 machines), and an instructor podium with projection capabilities.
- An "open" lab with 12 PCs and a printer accessible via PaperCut.
Available University Facilities
Every student has an @appstate.edu Google account, and access to the Google suite of apps (e.g., Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, etc.).
AppalNet is a web-based portal to the most important University systems.
Many buildings on campus have open ("public") labs, including the library and student union. Most of these labs have PCs, although a few have Macs. Many of the Departmental and Public labs on campus offer printing through the PaperCut system. This page has printing details.